26 November, 2006

Part I in North Dakota



On Wednesday, November 15, I flew out to Minneapolis. Robert was working in Minneapolis again, so I flew there and then Friday afternoon hit the road to Fargo. On Thursday, November 16, Robert and I met Robert's dad, Tom and his step-mom, Lorie for dinner. It was good see both of them again.

Friday, Robert and I hit the road for Fargo. We arrived in Fargo around 4:00 p.m. and I surprised my sister at work. My sister got off of work early and we headed to her place. We got all situated at her place and we decided to go bowling! It was the girls against boys. Of course, the girls won!! Robert bowled pretty impressive though. He bowled in the 160's and Lacey did pretty good too. She was bowling in the 130's and I even bowled around that too. I had such a good time.

Saturday morning I went to the salon and Lacey was going to put some highlights in my hair, but I guess my hair wasn't in the best coloring shape to put it in. I used a box color kit a couple of months ago and I guess my hair color was fading and it looked "mousey"... hey I am on a budget here! I have a lot of faith and trust in my sister, so I let her do the deciding. She planned on coloring my hair to my natural shade and then put the highlights in. Well, of course, they didn't have my color. So we went to a shade darker. I was getting pretty antsy at the salon and Lacey was tired, so we just did the color with no highlights. So I walked out of the salon with pretty dark hair. After that, Lacey and I headed back to her place to get ready to go out. We were going to meet up with my two good friends, Dacy and Trina. So Robert, Devin, Lacey and I all headed to Dacy's house. Oh my gosh! I missed Dacy and Trina so much! It was great to be in their presence again! We just ended up playing games most of the night. A card game called Categories and a Trivia game that Dacy picked up that afternoon and it had to be of course The 80's Trivia Pursuit!








* Dacy and Rob *
Sunday, I made plans with my brother and his family. Lacey, Devin, Robert and I drove to Grand Forks to see them. Tammy and a friend of hers opened up a business called Little Miracles, Pediatric Therapy and Child Care Center. It was my first time seeing the place. I was really impressed with it. I didn't have the slightest idea of what the place would have looked liked. It was way beyond of what I could have imagined. Fabulous work Lance and Tammy!!












It was wonderful to see my beautiful nieces, Sydney and Brooklyn. Sydney still has a little crush on Robert. She thinks that Robert is her boyfriend. It is so cute to see her act around him!










Brooklyn and Sydney with their gorgeous mom, Tammy. Lance and Tammy.
Monday, back in Fargo. I basically just relaxed at Lacey and Devin's place. Devin and Lacey cooked us a great dinner. It was my first time having pheasant. It tasted like chicken :)

*Robert and Kia. * * * * * * Lacey lounging on the couch.










** Trina and Dacy **
Tuesday morning Lacey and Devin went to work and Robert and I headed to Dennys to meet up with Dacy and Trina, and her son Dalton. He decided to be sick that day so he could hang out with mommy all day. What a little stinker. Dacy gave me an awesome gift. It was a scrapebook full of all my former employees and my going away party pictures. It was so thoughtful of her to do that. Thanks again!! After we ate, Robert was going to play some pool, but the place wasn't opened yet so he headed to the Bordertown. Us girls and Dalton went to Dacy's place. We were going to watch a movie, but we could't get the DVD player to work!! And yes, we were sober!! So we just had some girl talk and Trina was going to try to get the night off from work so we could go out for some drinks.

While we were waiting to see if Trina got the night off, Dacy and I headed to the Bordertown to meet up with Robert. Robert and I played some pool with the locals and I even got to see some of the guys I used to hang out with. It was little reunion.





Once we got word from Trina that she got the night off we headed to another bar. Dacy didn't stay out to late because she had to work the next day. We were all in the mood to go out and have a good time. We were all thinking "Why didn't we go out on Saturday night!" Oh well, next time when I am home again. Dacy went home. Trina, Robert and I stayed a little longer and decided to go to the Bowler. The Bowler was having karokee night and we knew the DJ, so we headed over there. Robert and I didn't stay very long. Robert had a few to many Vodka tonics. I was sad to say goodbye to Trina and Dacy, but I was excited to head back to my home town and to see my wonderful parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blog looks great. That was a lot of fun.