21 December, 2006

Tom and Lorie are coming to California.


This year for Christmas, Tom and Lorie came to see us. I was really excited because I got to spend almost a whole week with them. It was a good opportunity to get to know them better. I will always remember the first time I met Tom. I was a waitress at the Bordertown and Tom and Robert were both in Fargo for a construction project. It was around the time, November of 2003, when Robert and I started becoming close friends. Robert asked me to go to Montana with him for two weeks and I agreed. It was a couple of days before I was leaving with Robert...I will never forget this. Well, I was waiting for Trina to make my drink orders, and here comes this man coming up to me. He started talking about the trip to MT. I am like oh, great Robert did you tell the whole construction crew that you are going to MT with me? So I was talking about the trip with Tom, and then he says, "Let me introduce myself to you. I am Robert's dad!" I was pretty shocked. I had no idea his dad was in Fargo and I would meet him so soon! So that was fun. He always ordered Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss with no lemon. He is such a charming man and he tells such great stories about his horses and life experiences. He is a real genuine guy and treats Lorie like a queen.

The first time I met Lorie was at the Hilton Christmas party in Minneapolis. She was just as charming too. She is such an exquisite lady and she makes beautiful sculptures! Some day I will have to hire her to do some horse sculptures for me! :)














Thursday, December 21 they arrived at the San Francisco International Airport around 4:00 p.m. Once we got all situated, we headed towards Monterey! Checked in at our hotel called The Sand Dollar Inn. We drove to Cannery Row and found a restaurant to eat dinner.

The next morning we headed back to Cannery Row to look at all the cute little shops and beautiful Monterey Bay. We also found a friendly sea otter to take a picture with :)










Our next stop was Point Pinos. So gorgeous-the beautiful Pacific Ocean, the sand, waves crashing up on the rocks. I felt so at peace.








































Next stop was Asilomar State Beach. You could see Point Pinos Lighthouse and Pacific Grove golf course.









Tom and Lorie. * * * * * * * * * * * * * Point Pinos Lighthouse.










Our next destination was the 17 - Mile Drive.

No comments: