23 June, 2006

Robert



I am kind of going back in time here. This posting is basically how I met Robert Thomas Fischer, my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years!


In the August of 2003, I moved from Jamestown, ND, to Moorhead, MN with my sister, Lacey.

I got a job in West Fargo, ND as a cocktail waitress at The Bordertown Bar and Grill. In November of 2003, in walked Robert. He was doing a construction project in Fargo. He was staying at Motel 8 right beside The Bordertown. At that time Robert was living in Winsted, MN. He moved from Bozeman, MT to MN. He got his Bachlors in Electrical Engineering at Montana State University. He moved to MN to figure out what his next move will be, and in the mean-time he was doing construction with his dad.

He walked in one afternoon after work for some wings and beer and we connected right away.

Over the Christmas Holiday Robert went to Helena, MT to see his mom and I stayed in Fargo working some shifts over the holiday week. Well one day over the holiday week, Robert's dad came in wearing a NDSU Bison cap! Robert told me nothing about moving to Fargo or going back to school. So I was pretty shocked and confused of why Tom, Robert's dad, was wearing a Bison cap? Well I guess Robert was going to tell me when he got back from Helena that he was planning to move to Fargo and get his master's at NDSU. Well Tom beat him to it! I was shocked and totally exited that Robert was moving to Fargo!! Robert was a little upset with his dad for spilling the beans! It was great and I will never forget the feeling I had when Tom told me the news of Robert moving to Fargo!

January 18th, 2004 was the official "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" status.

No comments: