19 May, 2007

Scott and Melissa come to visit

Scott and Melissa came from the Bay area to hang out with us and to play our new Wii! I think that's the only reason why they came to see us. Use us for our games j/k :) :) Anyways, they came down Friday night and we played Wii for most of the evening.
Saturday morning, we all decided to take a hike. So Robert and I knew of a good hike to take not far from where we live. It was a hike to Clementine Dam. It was a nice easy hike and it is about a 2 to 3 hour hike. I think we all had a good time. Especially, Scott and Robert, disturbing the peace with Scott's slingshot. I bet you can just imagine those two aiming at all types of "targets" to hit. Melissa, what are we going to do with those two? After the hike, we all got ready and went to a sushi bar call ed Mikunis. From Mikunis we went to the bowling alley and bowled a couple of games and played some pool.















These last 4 pictures were taken at a different time when Robert and I just went on the hike. I want to show you Clementine Lake and the Dam. When Robert and I went to the Dam, the water was coming out of all the openings surrounding the dam. The picture of Robert (above) on the giant steps is when we went with Scott and Melissa and when Robert and I went by ourselves, Robert wouldn't have been able to climb on those steps because the water was coming through the openings. You can see the "giant " stairs on the right corner of this picture. This is where Robert was standing when we took the hike with Melissa and Scott.
Lake Clementine.

On your hike to the dam, you see a large beautiful bridge crossing the river.

In the words of the Hoover Dam Guide in Vegas Vacation starring Chevy Chase: "I am your dam guide, Arnie, please don't wander off the dam tour and please take all the dam pictures you want. Now are there any dam questions?" Robert loves to say "I am your dam tour guide, if you have any dam questions..." I think he says that every time when we talk about taking this hike :)

I am taking some facts out of a hiking book we have called San Francisco Bay Area Hikes. Lake Clementine is a 3.5 mile-long lake. Was formed when the 155-foot high dam was finished in 1939. The dam was built as a debris-catching device to protect bridges downstream.

No comments: