09 October, 2006

Fleet Week in San Francisco








Robert and I had a great Fleet Week weekend with Melissa and Scott in San Francisco. Early Saturday morning Robert and I headed towards San Francisco. We met up with Scott and Melissa and started to walk to Marina Greens to watch the Red Bull Air Race World Series. Kirby Chambliss USA with the time of 02:39.83 won the race. I got these photos from the Red Bull Air Racing website. After the the Red Bull races, the Air Show and the Blue Angels started.

Sunday afternoon Melissa and Scott drove us to the Twin Peaks in San Francisco. What a beautiful spot to take a panarama picture of the city!



Once I got my breath back from the gorgeous view of San Francisco, we headed towards Lake Merced. The lake is fed by an underground spring, and at one time it did have an outlet to the ocean. You can see in this picture how close the lake is to the ocean.

1 comment:

Chad said...

Awesome pictures!! I'm a little jealous of the air races, view, and warm weather. We are expecting snow tonight 10/10.